Transitional Housing • Interim Housing • Women's Shelter
The Primo Center for Women and Children offers transitional housing for women and children who are referred by the Department of Human Services. The center aims to empower women and children to become productive, responsible and independent members of their communities. This is accomplished by:
- Providing transitional housing, counseling and support services to homeless women and their children
- Supporting mothers in their education and training efforts to find and retain employment
- Strengthening families by assisting mothers in improving their parenting skills
- Delivering all programs and services in an atmosphere of spirituality and mutual respect
- Accepts women who have children.
- Pregnant women are only able to participate in program if they have other children.
- Maximum length of stay is 120 days.
- This service is free
- Children accepted
- Adults accepted
- Accepts women
How to Apply
Referrals are required and only accepted from the City of Chicago DFSS. Visit the nearest Community Service Center to obtain a referral, or call 3-1-1. A wait list may apply. For additional questions, call (773) 379 1112.