DACA • Legal Services • Visa Assistance • Family Immigration Services • Citizen Workshop • Application Assistance • Immigration • Citizenship • Information And Referral
WRC’s Immigrant Legal Services (ILS) provides affordable immigration-related legal assistance and representation to low income immigrants and refugees in the Chicago metropolitan area. All ILS staff are bilingual in English and Spanish.
Confidential ILS services include:
- Consultations to determine eligibility for immigration benefits and naturalization
- Applications for U.S. citizenship
- Family-based petitions
- Applications for permanent residence for refugees, asylees, persons paroled in the public interest and immigrants in general.
- Applications for Work permits
- Applications for Travel Documents and Reentry Permits
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Applications for U-Visas and VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) Self Petitions. These services are provided on a limited basis
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Religious workers visas, on a limited bases. Other employment-based immigration services are not provided
- Referrals as appropriate
-A $60 fee will be assessed for initial appointment. For additional legal services, affordable fees will be assessed.
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Call 773-583-9191 or email Chicago@wr.org to schedule an appointment, or walk-in during the following times:
Immigration Consultations: For individuals who have a new immigration question or case, walk in every Wednesdays from 9:00am-12:00pm.
Check website for upcoming monthly low-cost citizenship workshops. Refer to this list of documents that participants need to bring to the workshop. You may register for these workshops by calling 773-681-9191 between 10:00am-2:00pm.