Breastfeeding Support • Lactation Consultant • NICU • Prenatal Care • Childbirth Classes • Obstetrics • Midwifery • Delivery Suites
The Family Birth Place is focused on giving mothers-to-be supportive care during their pregnancy and on their delivery day. The Family Birth Place offers:
- 24-hour physician and midwife attendants
- Excellent nursing staff
- Private delivery rooms
- Care for extremely premature infants (Level 3 newborn nursery, or NICU)
- Centralized fetal monitoring
- Non-medical support: birthing balls, squatting position, and more
- 24-hour OB anesthesia access
- Outstanding breastfeeding support, including a full-time lactation consultant and trained postpartum nurses
- Free prenatal (childbirth education) classes
- Choice of a family physician or pediatrician
- View a list of accepted insurance.
- Medicaid accepted
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
How to Apply
Upon arrival, moms are asked to go to the Main Emergency Room (located on the first floor of the hospital). You will be registered as a patient and brought to the 4th floor OB ER. In the OB ER, nurses and healthcare providers will assess you and determine if you will be admitted to deliver your baby.
If you have any problems or questions, please call 312-996-4175 (Labor & Delivery).