Respite Care • Caregiver Support • Emergency Services • Emergency Child Care • Emergency Adult Care
The Illinois Respite Coalition is dedicated to creating a safety net for caregivers in crisis. The Emergency Respite Program offers funding and resources to support caregivers of children and adults with special needs who are not receiving any respite services and have an urgent need for respite care in the absence of any other funding source.
- Caregiver illness (physical, mental, and/or emotional).
- Caregiver hospitalization or doctor appointments.
- Illness of a loved one.
- Funeral or wake.
- Drug or alcohol abuse counseling or support.
- Care recipient transitions (i.e. living arrangements).
- Loss of employment or work related situations.
- This service is free
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
If you have any questions on Emergency Respite or would like to apply for Emergency Respite Care funding, please contact:
Statewide Respite Coordinator
(630) 207-8479 or (773) 205-3627
Individuals may also complete an application in English or in Spanish.