Legal Services • Family Law • Incarceration • Incarcerated Mothers • Housing Law • Support Groups
CLAIM can help answer questions about: divorce, guardianship, short-term guardianship, discharge of guardianship, custody, visitation, foster care and adoption.
CLAIM regularly conducts on-site classes on family law to women incarcerated in:
- Cook County Jail
- Decatur Correctional Center
- Lincoln Correctional Center
- Dwight Correctional Center
- Fox Valley Work Release Center
- Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago.
Class topics include:
- Placement issues
- Short-term and court-ordered guardianship
- The foster care system
- Termination of parental rights
- Domestic relations law
- This program serves mothers who are currently or formerly incarcerated.
- Program also serves caregivers of children whose parents are currently incarcerated.
- CLAIM does not provide representation for criminal law cases.
- The case must be located in Illinois.
- This service is free
- Adults accepted
- Accepts women
How to Apply
Call 312-738-2452 and leave a message with your name, phone number, facility of residence, and a brief description of the services you are seeking and someone will call you back.