Early Head Start • Child Care • Early Childhood Education
Children ages 8-32 months whose parents qualify for child care are automatically enrolled in the Early Head Start program. Each child will receive activities tailored to their needs throughout the day. Breakfast, lunch, and a snack are provided, and formula is provided for infants. If an infant requires special formula, the parent must provide it themselves. There are two half day sessions: 8:30am-12:00pm, and 1:00pm-4:30pm. Full day session is based on parent's schedule between 7:00am-6:00pm.
- At enrollment a co-pay assessment is done.
- Parents can complete applications to qualify for assistance from the Illinois Action for Children.
- Early Head Start for children 8-32 months.
- Children with disabilities are welcome.
- Parents must meet income requirements based on family size.
- Parents must be working 20+ hours a week or be enrolled in school to qualify for child care.
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Children accepted
How to Apply
To begin the enrollment process, parents should call or visit one of the four centers to begin their application. Parents need to bring:
- A copy of their photo ID
- 1 month of pay stubs if employed or
- Letter from school confirming enrollment, schedule, start date, and anticipated graduation date
- Medical insurance card with child's name
- The child's original birth certificate
- Social Security cards for all family members
- Child's medical and immunization records.
Staff will help parents determine if any other information is needed to complete the application and get their child on the wait list.
Chicago, IL 60647