Primary Care • Prenatal Care • Pregnancy Testing • Pediatrics • Care Coordination • Mental Health • Birth Control • STI Testing • HIV Testing • Dental Screenings • Health Education • Immunizations • Obgyn
Heartland Health Centers is a federally qualified health center organization serving Chicago’s north side. Its ten locations annually provide nearly 21,000 patients with a medical home where they can receive comprehensive primary care, oral health care, and mental health care services. Its clinics are open to the entire community – the uninsured as well as those who have Medicaid, Medicare, or private insurance. Heartland clinics offer free interpretation services in over 35 languages and ensure that care is provided in a culturally competent way. The sites include five community health centers, four school based health centers, and two sites co-located with agencies providing mental health and substance abuse services.
- Patients cannot be homeless, living in transitional housing, living at a substance treatment center, or living in a nursing home to receive services at a HIHC (Heartland International Health Center). Those clients are eligible for services through Heartland Alliance's Health Outreach Programs. They can be reached at 773-275-2586.
- This health center accepts Medicaid, Medicare, and PPO plans. They offer sliding-scale fee for service, rates often start at $30+. or call the hotline at (773) 751-7062. Certified application counselors can inform patient if insurance plan is accepted, explain how to get coverage, determine eligibility, and help patient apply for a plan.
- This provider participates in the Vaccines For Children (VFC) program. If your child is 1) less than 19 years old and 2) uninsured, Medicaid-eligible, an American Indian or Alaska Native, or underinsured, they are eligible for free vaccines through the VFC program. Click here for more information.
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Medicaid accepted
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Children accepted
- Teens accepted
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Call 773-366-7777 to schedule an appointment.