Adult Education • ESL • Basic Reading • Basic Math • Workforce Preparation • College Readiness • Ged
Free classes are offered at Olive-Harvey College, satellite locations, and other community sites to help students improve the English language or basic literacy skills, obtain a GED® certificate, or prepare for the Citizenship Exam. Specific services include:
- GED® Preparation classes (classroom instruction or online)
- Basic reading and math skills
- English as second language (ESL) (offered at South Chicago Learning Center)
- College readiness
- Workforce preparation and Bridge classes related to Transportation, Distribution & Logistics (TDL)
TDL training is offered in tandem with GED preparation (only GED students are eligible for TDL training). Training is classroom based. Following classes, students can get forklift training and become certified.
- Generally for adults 18 years old or older.
- Adult Education classes are intended for people who live in or near Chicago.
- Students must live in Illinois.
- This service is free
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Individuals may walk in to begin the registration process. Please provide:
- State of Illinois ID (state identification or driver's license) with current address
- Proof of address.
Before enrolling in classes, all students must complete a placement and/or progress examination which may take up to 3 hours to determine student placement. Call 773-291-6690 with additional questions.
Chicago, IL 60628