Adult Education • Literacy • Computer Skills • Ged • Computer Literacy • Esl
At Howard Area Community Center, students work on learning English, improving their reading and math skills, or preparing for the high school equivalency exam, the GED. Classes include:
- Literacy and GED Preparation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773.262.6622 ext. 256 for most current schedule information.
- ESL (English as a Second Language). Please email email@example.com or call 773.262.6622 ext. 256 for most current schedule information.
- Walk-in Basic Computer Classes are offered on Fridays from 9:30-11:30 a.m. For more information regarding classes email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-262-6622 ext.256.
- Online GED: i-Pathways If you are reading at the 9th grade level and above, there is also the option to take a GED class online through i-pathways. To qualify, you must have regular access to the internet and basic computer skills.
To participate in the online GED: i-Pathways program, students must have qualifying score, basic computer skills and regular access to the Internet.
- This service is free
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
To register for classes or workshops:
- Come to the appropriate registration - contact Adult Education Coordinator at 773-262-6622.
- Schedule up to two hours for the registration process, which includes a reading and math assessment to determine which class is the best fit.
- Bring Public Aid/TANF Card (if applicable).
- Childcare is provided during registration. Childcare is available during classes; spaces are limited. (Childcare is free. It is for children, ages 3 months to 5 years, of adult education students only. It is not for participants of the Employment Resource Center.
To receive information about the next registration:
- Sign up with the receptionist or by phone, go to 7648 N. Paulina St. or call 773-262-6622.
- Provide your name, address and phone number.
- Receive a phone call or post-card reminder of registration days.
- Arrive on the registration day.
For more information contact the Adult Education Director at 773-262-6622.
Summer 2018 Registration Dates for New Students:
July 16,17 - ESL (9am-12pm)
July 17-18 - GED (9am-12pm)
Summer Session (10 weeks):
July 23- Sept 27