Primary Care • Counseling • Pregnancy Testing • STI Testing • HIV Testing • Birth Control • Mental Health • Immunizations
ACCESS is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) providing comprehensive health care to patients in underserved communities. Staff include physicians, nurse practitioners, and midwives, as well as outreach staff, case managers, and substance abuse counselors. In addition to primary care, ACCESS offers preventive care, chronic disease management, and support services. ACCESS at Gary Comer Youth Center offers:
- Family Practice
- Behavioral Health available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- ACCESSS accepts a variety of insurance, including Aetna, All Kids, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Community Care Alliance, County Care, Family Health Network, Harmony, Humana, IlliniCare, and Meridian. Please see web site for specific plans accepted.
- All patients are welcome at ACCESS regardless of whether they have insurance. When visiting the health center, a staff member will be happy to help patients enroll in any benefits they may be eligible to receive. on.
Sliding scale fees are available for uninsured and underinsured patients. To sign up for the sliding scale fees program, please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Photo I.D.
- Proof of address (two pieces of mail or 1 piece of mail and a photo I.D. with address and name included)
- Proof of income (income tax forms, two pay stubs, SSI/SSA official documentation, two most recent pay stubs, letter from employer, or ACCESS housing/shelter or employment verification forms)
- Additional documentation may be required
This provider participates in the Vaccines For Children (VFC) program. If your child is 1) less than 19 years old and 2) uninsured, Medicaid-eligible, an American Indian or Alaska Native, or underinsured, they are eligible for free vaccines through the VFC program. Click here for more informati
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Medicaid accepted
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
How to Apply
Call 773-324-6942 to schedule an appointment, or request an appointment online. At all appointments, please be prepared to provide:
- Photo I.D.
- Insurance information
Because the clinic is school-based, it is closed on school holidays.